Chad, that is, Carbon monoxide of formula CO is an inorganic chemical. It is in the group of carbon oxides. Carbon monoxide has very strong toxic properties.
Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs because of its very cunning physical properties. It is gas, which cannot be felt. Because it has no color, no smell. It has a similar density at room temperature (a bit smaller) air.
During the combustion process, it forms carbon dioxide and then it is visible as a blue flame. It is a typical natural gas in the mine gases. It is needed as a component of, for example, light gas, blast furnace, water, or generator.
As for its toxic effect on the human body, it is explainable by this, that it has approx 300 times higher affinity for hemoglobin than pure oxygen. It is worth recalling, that hemoglobin is a component of red blood cells. With hemoglobin, carbon monoxide forms carboxyhemoglobin. It is then much more stable than oxyhemoglobin, which is a natural compound of the combination of hemoglobin with pure oxygen. If it does combine carbon monoxide with hemoglobin, this is when the process of tissue hypoxia begins. Usually, if we don't get help very quickly, then a person poisoned by carbon monoxide can even die. Therefore, carbon monoxide is a gas extremely dangerous to human health and even life.