Self-presentation is the way each of us presents ourselves. It is creating your own image.
How we show ourselves to others?
Self-presentation is a way, how others perceive us. So, our way of speaking consists of self-presentations, behavior, Clothing style. It is also our facial expressions and gestures.
Why do we need self-presentation?
The goal of self-presentation is to show others your best side. This is of particular importance in the case of new and important situations for us. We behave completely differently during a job interview with the future boss, than with our friends.
How to present yourself?
In order to be favorable in the eyes of our interlocutor, we must remember a few rules:
1. Dobór słów. Our words should be adapted to the situation. You can say to new friends: Hej ziomki, my name is Marek. However, the new employer might be a bit surprised by such a greeting.
2. Podkreślanie zalet. It's worth emphasizing your care, of course as appropriate. It is not worth pretending to be modest, especially, if the situation requires us to emphasize the advantages. If we are afraid, that we will fall out as braggers, we can show ourselves in specific actions. Instead of talking: I am hardworking, we can say: I work persistently through 8 Hours, It is also not a problem for me to work overtime.
3. Gestykulacja. The livelier, the more it testifies to our spontaneity, or passion. Therefore, we should not inhibit it. However, if we do not like her, it's not worth the effort, because our interlocutor will sense the artificiality, or even accuse us of falsehood
4. Body position. Let's try, that our attitude would not be closed. I mean, let's not slouch, let's not crouch our shoulders, let's not embrace each other. This will show our timidity, and embarrassment, or stress. Let's sit freely, slightly leaning back on the backrest. We can put our hands on our knees, be on the table.
5. Uśmiech. It makes, that we will gain even the most hardened opponent. The smile shows, that we are relaxed and cheerful.
6. Spojrzenie. Let's not look away, let's not blink too often. It can also show it, that we are confused, stressed or… we hide the truth.